Manaiakalani Film Festival – Cool Kids

This year, our Manaiakalani Film Festival movie is called “Cool Kids” and it is our acapella version of the song. Everything you hear when watching was created and recorded by students in our class while we were studying music as part of our Art term earlier this year. We hope you have as much fun watching as we had making music with our bodies. Please leave us a comment, we’d love to hear from you!

25 thoughts on “Manaiakalani Film Festival – Cool Kids

1. Hello room 19 i like how u were beat boxing with your class and then some of the kids said i wish i would be like the cool kids and it seemd really cool

1. Konnichiwa my name is Shwe Shwe and I am from Pt England school I am a year 5 in room 9 and I really liked your movie because that you guys had to pratice this song to just to make this movie and I liked your beat boxing too and your guys singing and I just wanted to say that you were very good and I wanted to say how long did it take for you to practice this song to get it right and great good on making this movie and putting so much effort .

2. HI room 19 I’m hamza from room 2 year 7 I really like the beat boxing but it’s was loud and funny you should keep it up room 19

3. Bonjour room 19

My name is Taufau and Im a year 8 student. What an amazing movie! Ka pai. You all have amazing voice and great beat boxing room 19. Yous are amazing, talented and cool kids.
    Keep up the hard work room 19
    Taufau

4. Hi room 19! its me alepina from you class. I really love maddison’s one. The shy part is one I popped up. I really love this tho because Its funny. Keep it up my class! (the song is cool kids)

5. Hi room 19 I really like the way you guys were sinning you guys have amazing voices and I love the end as well ceep it up.

6. Hi my name is Sia and I am at class at room 19 and I love the Move and the Move was a song and I love it bay see you at class.

7. Hello Room 19,

Great movie for film festival! I loved that you all participated in this, I hope you all enjoyed singing along with each other. Great Job Room 19, keep up the great singing!

Yours sincerely Vika in Room 4,

8. Ola, Room 19

I really Cool kids because I always sing that song now and i’m in love with the song. I always used to say that i’m a cool kid then my siblings will be like ” NO YOUR NOT I’M A COOL KID” I used to laugh and laugh. How do you have the voice to sing?

From: Swaimah

9. Hi Room 19 my name is Andreaz from Weymouth Primary school. It was cool and creative how you guys made this type of beat and music. Make sure to never give up the hard work. I wonder how you guys felt doing this.

10. Talofa Lava room 19 I am Dwayne from Pt england School from room 9 .

What i like about your movie was how you sang and you did the beat
    My friends will like to know what was your favourite part of the movie?
    How long did it take to get the beats??

faafetai lava

11. Kia ora Room 19 ! i am Kaylee from room 8 and i loved your film!, I loved the beats that you came up with to make the film even better and so is your singing , Well done!

12. Talofa lava Rm19 my name is Caylee.
    I love your movie because I like your singing it is very good. My favourite part was your singing and dancing.

Nice job Rm 19.

13. Hi mom and rm16 I love your music and your voice it makes me feel so happy and happy to hear you sing cool kids
    Music.

Love from Caylee.

14. Hi room 19 my name is TJ from room 11. I loved your movie alot and it was amazing. The part i liked is when Neihana going crazy!. Keep it up room 19!.

15. talofa lava hi my name is mia i am from room 9 and my favourite part about this movie is maddison when she was singing and this movie was super cool.