Sensitive to a Smile

This year, the students of Room 16 have enjoyed singing, dancing and making each other laugh. So, for our 2023 Manaiakalani Film Festival Movie, we decided to recreate the Aotearoa Raggae All Stars video of their song “Sensitive to a Smile.” We hope you enjoy seeing our smiling faces!  We also love reading our blog comments, so please leave us one!

22 thoughts on “Sensitive to a Smile

1. Hi beautiful children of Room #16!
    I loved your movie it actually made me laugh and cry all at the same time. I wanted to say that you all looked so gorgeous on the big screen and I wanted to say Well done!!! on a great job making your movie, I am so so proud of you all.

2. Kia ora, room 16

My name is Leata from room 1 and a Year 7 student. This movie is filled with wonderful children who are singing towards the camera. I believe that my class wouldn’t be able to actually sing in front of the camera, but hey! Just roll with it. The way you guys are singing in this movie, just want’s me to sing. Tho I rather not right now. Anyways, a huge round of applause and a small laugh to you guys! Kai pa, room 16👍

3. Kia ora, room 16

My name is Nooroa from room 8 year 6 student. This movie made my day because your singing and acting in front of the camera if i had to sing i wouldn’t even do it but you guys were so brave to sing and act. do you like singing?

4. Hey Room 16, I love your amazing acting and lip sinking. I know some people laughed but overall the best part of the movie was the videos and photos of being a year 4 in 2023.
    I loved Your movie by the way and I hope that you’re ready to be a senior next year.
    From John 🙂

5. kia ora room 16 its me Samson from room 15 I love the song and the pictures the cloths. keep the great singing and and hope you had fun making that movie room 16 and what was that song called I just really loved it keep it up room 16 keep making amazing movies like this one bye.

6. Hello room 16 means is me to but this was the best movie we all did together i really enjoy the movie that we put into i like our movie.

7. !Talofa lava, malo e lelei

My name is Liukava, I’m from Room 9, at Pt England School.

I liked your movie because it was interesting and it looked fun.

I wonder if you’d make a part 2 of your movie.

Well done!

8. Kia ora – my name is Jaedha from room 9 . my favourite was the astronaut beacuse it tells stuff about it and wants to explore the world . i hope you go in space for luck . Well Done room16 keep up the work !
    🙂

9. Hi room 16 next door your movie is amazing and i love it and i will rate this movie a ten out of ten because the song is amazing to watch from Timothy.

10. Kia Ora room sixteen I am tolati I am in room sixteen to I am just commenting and I appreciate my teacher for the great idea and I hope everyone that saw this bye.

11. Kia Ora rm 16 I loved your fantastic you did a wonderful job making me smile it was also brilliant. Was it fun? Was it cool to do?

from khaingmay

12. Talofa Room 16 Its me Adnan from 15.
    I love the song you chose for the movie. My favourite part was Jay singing because it really look like he was really singing it.

13. Hi Rm 16 I really like your guys lip singing.I hope that you can keep making cool movies like this one.I hope you enjoy.BYE

14. Kia Orana Room 16! I really liked this movie with all the singing and dancing. I hope you had fun filming this movie.
    Where did you get the idea to do this?
    Awesome Work!
    From Isla-May.